Slides from January’s meeting with Wally Mead:
System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager Overview – http://1drv.ms/1hwd5wG
System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager Upgrade from SP1 – http://1drv.ms/1hwddMC
Wally Mead did some research to more thoroughly answer some questions that were raised at the meeting. Please find the answers to those questions below:
- Want the type of maintenance window displayed in the Collection properties *** DCR previously filed
- Want VHDX support *** DCR previously filed
- Want more control over automatic client upgrades – switches to enable for desktops versus servers *** DCR filed
- Can you use SQL Express to test a database upgrade process? *** No, you can’t. The code blocks it, as it does an upgrade of the database, and we only support primary and CAS on full SQL Server editions.
- Are the MDT databases compatible between versions (for upgrade from MDT 2012 Update 1 to MDT 2013)? *** The database is compatible with the new version. There is one issue with apps that have names longer than 255 characters, other than that, all should be good.
- Any known issues with extracting prestaged content files when multiple packages are in the file? *** Our team has never experienced that in our testing, and indicated no reports from anyone for it. So the suggestion is to open a case with CSS to have them look into it.